Inspired by a blog post over at Antiquity Oaks, I have decided to make a list of 20 things that make me happy (in no particular order).
1. Sunday afternoon naps
2. Polled kids — less disbudding!
3. Time spent with family
4. Beautiful spring flowers
4.5 Which sometimes hide little critters
5. Those special animals that sneak into our hearts (even though it’s hard to say goodbye)
6. Unexpected blessings
7. Watching lightning bugs
8. Writing things my heart wants to write (rather than writing for assignments)
9. Baby goats!
10. Really, baby animals of any kind
11. Perfect weather days
12. Lazy rainy days
13. Big thunderstorms — so long as no one is hurt
14. Connecting with like-minded folk
15. Cold glasses of raw milk
16. Gardens growing
17. Shopping at farmer’s markets for local goods
18. Awesome yard sale finds, like old sewing machines
19. The simple pleasure of cheesy grits
20. Finding a good movie on TV